Friday, February 20, 2009

Kids Say the Darndest Things!

As I have been teaching in school all week I have had some kids tell me some of the darndest things. I have a little first grader that has Down Syndrome. She is the cutest little girl. She came to my class and as we were walking to my classroom she said, "Mrs. Thomson last night I pluked on the floor and I pluked on the door knob, and I pluked in front of the toilet but I pluked in the garbage can." I just tried not to laugh. She was trying to say that she puked, but she could not say that. Instead she could only say she pluked. Then I had the same little girl and another little 1st grader. I was teaching the rule "when two vowels go walking the first one does the talking." The girls chanted it very cutely and then I asked one girl to go get the books for reading time. She got the two books and put them in front of each other. She said, "when two books go walking the first book does the talking" in a very high pitched girly tone. It was a very interesting week when "kids said the darndest things."

No comments: